Shipping and Returns
- All orders from within the continental United States are shipped via UPS Ground for a flat fee of $8.95.
- The Library Shop does not fill orders to Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico at this time. We hope to change that in the future.
- UPS does not deliver to PO, APO, or FPO boxes. A valid street address is required for delivery.
- In-stock merchandise is shipped from New York and should arrive within 7 to 10 business days.
- Oversized items incur a surcharge of $20 as noted on the product page.
For information please call 212.621.0570 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST or send us an email at email@example.com. Please include the items you would like to purchase and the shipping address so we can provide shipping options and pricing.
The Library Shop does not fill international orders at this time. We hope to change that in the future; please visit shop.nypl.org for updates.
Lost or Stolen Packages
The Library Shop is not responsible for lost or stolen packages delivered to the address provided. Upon inquiry, we will confirm delivery to the entered address, date of delivery, tracking information, and shipping carrier information for the customer to investigate.
Returns + Exchanges
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the merchandise with the original receipt within 30 days for an exchange or refund, which will be made in the same form as the original payment.
- Please inspect your order upon delivery. If your merchandise arrives damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of the damage immediately and we will follow up with next steps.
- Complete the enclosed return form (this refers to the packing slip included in the original package) and return the package via insured ground service. If you do not have your original packing slip, please include the following information:
- Order Number
- Name associated with the order
- Email address
- If it's a return or exchange
- If it's a return, reason for the return
- The item returned must be in its original product packaging and in salable condition.
- All shipping costs associated with any return or exchange will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Earrings and face masks are non-returnable for reasons of hygiene and safety.
- Online purchases can also be exchanged/returned to our physical store.
- In-store purchases cannot be returned via mail without the customer's form of payment being present. Please contact us before sending your in-store purchases.
Return Items should be mailed to:
The New York Public Library Shop
11 West 40th Street, Room 67
New York, New York 10018
Have more Questions?
Office Hours Monday - Friday | 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET