In-Store Pick Up
Buy Online, Pick Up at NYPL!
No shipping fees. Shop hundreds of items and pick up your order for free. Choose your item, and select 'Store Pickup' while making your purchase.
Pickup Location: (Starting July 7th)
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
476 5th Ave, New York, NY 10018 (Fifth Avenue entrance, Library Shop Pop-Up is located in Astor Hall, across from Amy's Cafe)
Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 10 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
PLEASE NOTE: In-Store Pickups need to be scheduled during your checkout process and confirmed by our staff. Your order will be ready for pickup at the date and time scheduled during checkout, NOT sooner.
Safety Protocol: To ensure the health and safety of the public and our staff, policies and procedures created in collaboration with safety experts must be followed. Staff will follow all mandated protocols, including wearing masks and physically distancing.
- Masks/face coverings are required to enter and must be worn while inside a library; customers not wearing a face covering will not be permitted to enter.
- Must physically distance while in line and while inside the branch.
- For all Library Grab-and-Go Services Questions, please visit nypl.org/reopening
What do I need to pick up my order?
You will need your I.D. and order number. If you would like another person to pick up your order, please include the name in the order notes.
When do I pick up my order?
Your order will be ready for pickup on the day and time you select during checkout. A ‘Ready for Pickup’ notification will be sent to you the morning of the day of the pickup as a reminder. Starting July 7th, pickup times are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 A.M. to 4:30 P.M
Can I change my date and/or pickup time?
Yes, you can. If you wish to change your pick up date, please send us an email at email@example.com 2 business days before your original pick up date.
Please check for email confirmation from us for your new pickup appointment, as it’s possible the new date/time you’re requesting is not available. Starting July 7th, pickup appointments are available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. No exceptions.
I missed my pickup window, what do I do now?
Items will be held for 7 business days after you receive your ‘Ready For Pickup’ email/text message. Please email us at Libraryshop@nyp.org to schedule a new pick up date and time within the 7 business days. A reminder notification will be sent with the new pickup date and a cancellation email will be sent if you don't pick up the order or schedule a new time within those 7 business days.
I’m inside the building, where do I pick up my order?
Starting July 7th, pickup location will be the Stephen A. Schwarzman building. The Library Shop Pop-up will be located in Astor Hall (to the right side of the hall, across Amy's Bread Cafe)
My item seems to be big/small for me, can I exchange sizes at this location?
Starting July 7th, exchanges or returns can be processed at our pop-up location or through mail following the instructions below:
- Pickup Returns/Exchanges
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the merchandise with the original receipt within 30 days for an exchange or refund, which will be made in the same form as the original payment.
- Please inspect your order upon pickup.
- Complete the enclosed return form and return the package via insured ground service.
- The item returned must be in its original product packaging and in salable condition.
- All shipping costs associated with any return or exchange will be the responsibility of the customer
- Gift-wrapping charges are not refundable.
- Earrings are non-returnable for reasons of hygiene and safety.
- Items should be mailed to:
The New York Public Library Shop
11 West 40th Street, Room 102M
New York, New York 10018
Have more Questions?
Phone: 212-930-0869 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday • Wednesday • Friday | 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Shop Hours (Starting the week of July 6th): Monday • Wednesday • Friday | 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m