NYPL Shop Book Giveaway Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchase does not increase the chances of winning. Entry into this Giveaway constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
- Eligibility:The NYPL Shop Book Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are18 years or older as of the date of entry. Employees of the New York Public Library (“Sponsor”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
- Start/End Date: The NYPL Shop Book Giveaway begins on September 25, 2017 at 12:00PM EST and ends on October 1, 2017 at 12:00PM EST.
- How to Enter:Enter by visiting The New York Public Library Shop Instagram page at http://www.instagram.com/nyplshop/ and completing each of the following three steps: (1) Once on the NYPL Shop Instagram page, follow @NYPLShop by clicking on the blue “Follow” on the top of the page, to the right of the profile picture; (2) “Like” the NYPL Shop Book Giveaway post by double clicking on the image or by clicking on the heart just below the photo; (3) Leave NYPL Shop a comment below the post by pressing the speech bubble next to the heart and typing your text. Note that the entries will not be judged based on the quality or quantity of the comment(s); the winner will still be selected at random. Entries must be received by October 1, 2017 at 12:00PM EST. Multiple entries are not permitted. Only one entrant per entry is permitted.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about October 2, 2017 by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. Odds of winning depend in the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be notified by Sponsor on or about October 2, 2017. The winners will be notified on Instagram via direct message. They will also be announced on a post on the NYPL Shop Instagram account. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Value:The following prizes will be awarded:
Two prize packs each containing:
One copy of “Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World,” by Rachel Ignotofsky; one copy of “Women in Sports: 50 Fearless Athletes Who Played to Win,” by Rachel Ignotofsky; one “I Love Science: A Journal for Self-Discovery and Big Ideas,” journal; one 3''x5'' Lined paper journal; one NYPL Sticker - 3.5'' Round; and one pack of 5 NYPL quote pencils
Each prize pack is worth $80.87.
Winner is not a recipient of a prize until s/he has been verified as the Winner by the Sponsor. Upon fulfilling prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for the prize.
- Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The winner(s) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If winner is a minor (under 18, or under 19 in Alabama and Nebraska), prize will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. If the winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Giveaway rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person.
- Miscellaneous: All entries become sole property of Sponsor. In the event of dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmissions, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related.
Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules.
- List of Winners:To obtain a list of winners email LibraryShop@nypl.org after October 22, 2017.
- Governing Law: Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York.
- Sponsor:The Sponsor for of this giveaway is The New York Public Library.